Fine Art/Monti Oil Painting

Question
Monti Oil Painting
Monti Oil Painting  
Hello and thank you for being available to answer my question. I apologize if this is out of your expertise. I am having trouble locating an expert on this site that is able to respond.

I recently purchased an oil painting intending only to reuse it's large frame. However after closer inspection, it appears as if it is a real oil painting with a raised brush stroke surface, and signed "Monti." I didn't want to throw it away if it actually had some value obviously.

Unfortunately, a previous owner had painted the frame gold and hit the actual canvas with the gold paint all the way around! So, if it does have value it would need also to be restored. However, I am NO expert in art, so I thought I'd better stop what I was doing and at least ask someone with some actual knowledge for some direction. The back of the wood frame is dated 1974. From what I can find, it looks similar in style to Cesari Monti's work.

Answer
There are two ways we see brush strokes.
1. Brush strokes created when the oil or acrylic is applied.
2. Brush strokes from a varnish used to protect a print on paper
or other materials.

There are both low end decorative prints with brush strokes and original
works as well, so the piece has to be examined to determine exact medium
and them go from there.

I am a Salvador Dali expert, so this artist is out of my area, I'll research
and see if I can followup with any more info.

Dan

Dan Twyman