Fine Art/Oil on canvas painting

Hi I have this painting that my parents gave me when I moved out. It is pretty old due but Im not sure how old. The signature at the bottom of the piece is hard to make out but it looks like Wadsworth or something similar. I cant make out the first name. Any information you have would be amazingly helpful. Thank you!

Pretty picture. Here's a longshot, but take a look at Adelaide E. Wadsworth (1844-1928.)  Try her name on a "Google Images" search and take a look at the boats in the harbor she has painted.  Very similar composition to what you show here.  This picture sold at public auction twice (2007 & 2008) for about $200.  Hope that is helpful info. Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration