Fine Art/Picasso

Question
Blue Nude
Blue Nude  

Blue Nude
Blue Nude  
I have a Picasso Painting that I inherited after my father past,He got it in 1974 I believe,It was given to him by a woman that was in love with him,she is the one who also put the frame on it,but I don't know who the woman was.It is signed in the top left hand corner,There is a line after is last name letter and a big line under his name.It is in a frame but no glass on the front.I don't know if there is anything on the back of the canvas itself because I'm afraid to take the frame off when it has been in it for that many years.I don't want to damage anything.The frame is just wood I believe not worth anything.The painting when you touch it feels like oil on a canvas,not smooth.I don't know if it's a copy or fake or what.I included some pictures of it.Thank you

Answer
Thank you for asking about Picasso. There are two levels of art, Investment Grade art and Decorative art or low end art. Over the years many publishers and distributors have sold prints on board or art board, the print is varnished to make it look like it has brush strokes. These types of decorative works have low value. I have not examined what you have in person, so it is difficult to say what the medium is, but as it is a familiar image, it suggests that it is not a one of a kind original. I am unable to verify what you have from the images provided. You should be able to find examples of these low end works online, also take a look at pencil signed limited edition works by Picasso. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Dan

Dan Twyman