Fine Art/Raoul Dufy

Raoul Dufy
Raoul Dufy  

Raoul Dufy
Raoul Dufy  
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for taking my question. About 30 or so years ago, my husband purchased some art at an estate sale.  We have a Raoul Dufy signed, framed piece and being that it is on watercolor paper it is difficult for me to tell if it the real deal.  Although it lacks the vibrant colors, size and richness typical of Dufy, it is consistent with some of his works.  

The scene is of horses and jockeys at track with a village and trees in the background.  I have not been able to find an image of it on my internet searches.  What do you suggest to determine it's authenticity?  
thank you,
Laura W.

Hello Laura,

In order to deem a work as a potentially authentic Dufy, I recommend contacting the below Dufy experts:

Fanny Guillon-Laffaille| Galerie Fanny Guillon-Lafaille
18, rue de Miromesnil
75008 Paris
Tel +33 (0) 1 45 63 52 00
Fax +33 (0) 1 45 61 92 91

Gérard Landrot
5, rue Jacques-Callot
75006 Paris
T: +33 (0)1 43 26 71 13
F: +33 (0)1 43 26 71 13

Anne Tourlonias (CEEA)
31, rue d’Alsace Lorraine
30240 Le Grau de Roi
T: +33 (0)1 45 23 26 18
F: +33 (0)1 48 00 94 65

I hope that this information can be of assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University