Fine Art/picasso tragedy

My mother in law gave us a painting of picasso's tragedy. We are trying to see if it's worth anything. Or can you direct us in the right direction?

Hello Robyn,

If you are referring to the painting on the below link, I do not believe that another unique original version of this work exists:

However, if you have a painting that you believe could potentially be a unique original work by Pablo Picasso, you would want to contact the current authority on Picasso's works, Claude Picasso.  Only Claude Picasso can designate a work as an authentic Picasso. Please find his information below:

Claude Picasso
8, rue de Volney
75002 Paris
T: +33 (0)1 47 03 69 70
F: +33 (0)1 47 03 69 60

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best of luck in your search!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University