Fine Art/Artist Unknown

Question
Unknown Artist
Unknown Artist  

Unknown Artist
Unknown Artist  
Hi

I have been having a difficult time determining the artist of this painting. It looks to be oil and is fairly large. The closest I have come across is that it is similar to the later works of Wassily Kandinsky, yet I couldn't find it listed with his works... As far as I can tell, I can't read a signature on it, but it appears to have been stretched when framed and could be behind the frame.

I am also attaching some photos of the painting.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time and any response!

Answer
Hello Tyler,

The image of this painting is Joan Miro's "People at Night, Guided by the Phosphorescent Tracks of Snails" from 1940. You can find additional information at the below link:

http://www.philamuseum.org/collections/permanent/59573.html

Your artwork looks to maybe be a painted copy after the original, though it is difficult to tell through photos alone.  

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans