Fine Art/Artist Unknown

Unknown Artist
Unknown Artist  

Unknown Artist
Unknown Artist  

I have been having a difficult time determining the artist of this painting. It looks to be oil and is fairly large. The closest I have come across is that it is similar to the later works of Wassily Kandinsky, yet I couldn't find it listed with his works... As far as I can tell, I can't read a signature on it, but it appears to have been stretched when framed and could be behind the frame.

I am also attaching some photos of the painting.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time and any response!

Hello Tyler,

The image of this painting is Joan Miro's "People at Night, Guided by the Phosphorescent Tracks of Snails" from 1940. You can find additional information at the below link:

Your artwork looks to maybe be a painted copy after the original, though it is difficult to tell through photos alone.  

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University