Fine Art/Framed art

Art pic
Art pic  

Cert of auth
Cert of auth  
I have a piece of framed art that is signed and has a certificate of authenticity from The Artco group of LA.
The art is signed by Kelly And I am not sure of the first name. I am trying to find out more info about the picture , who is the artist , how old is it, how much it might be worth. Thanks for anything you can help me out with.

Brian Keefe

Dear Brain,

The work is "Dockside" by John Kelly. John Kelly was born in Scotland into a seafaring family, and emigrated to Canada as a young boy. His experiences as a Merchant Marine seaman sailing off the coasts of Canada and Alaska would later be the subject of his art. His career as a musician included performing in nationally known performers The Echoes and The Dolphins and Don Ho. He returned to his art career, displaying precocious and prodigious talent and advancing quickly to study at the Art Center College of Design.

Kelly studied under and collaborated with Lynton Kisteler to produce unique maritime works which now reside in the Smithsonian Museum. Other famous series by Kelly include the Cargo & Steamship Series, Sea Odyssey, Homage to Turner and San Francisco series. His collectors have reached over 75,000 throughout the world. For more information or possibly to research your work in depth you can go to his actual website

As he is not an artist we feature, I unfortunately cannot give you any other information regarding his work, but hopefully that information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University