Fine Art/Do you know anything about this picture

signature ?
signature ?  

I got this picture as a gift, looks like a old one and original, cant find out who the painter is, seems like the signature starts with a T. and ends with ley, but Im not sure, any help would be nice

Hello Sigurjon,
The signature looks like T or J with last name Ashley. I tried all combinations and could not locate an artist listed in my books or on auction sites that would fit your painting. I am sorry I cannot be of further assistance.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.