Fine Art/painting identification

Question
no title
no title  

no title
no title  
Hello,  I have inherited this painting and was wondering if you could tell me anything about it.  Thank youfor any help you can give.

Answer
Ernest Uden
Ernest Uden  

Ernest Uden
Ernest Uden  
Dear Ana,

It looks very much like work by Ernest Uden (1879-1950s), British.

Ernest Boye Uden (known as Boye Uden to distinguish him from his father Ernest Uden, who was also an artist) was born in 1911 in Peckham in London. He studied at Camberwell School of Art and Goldsmiths College and by 1936 had exhibited work at the Royal Academy. When the Second World War broke out, he joined the Auxiliary Fire Service in London, and was on duty during the air raids on the East End and Docks. He was part of the contingent wetting down St Paulís Cathedral when it was surrounded by fire.
In 1940 he became an official war artist, attached to the National Fire Service. When Coventry was bombed on the night of 14 November 1940, Udenís division was sent to the city to support the local fire services. This painting records his view of the three spires as they entered the city. After the war Uden established himself as a successful artist, illustrator and watercolour painter. He was commissioned to produce work for a number of well-known companies, including British Gas, Daimler, Bass, Dunlop, Ferguson Tractors, ICI and the Radio Times. He died in Sudbury in Suffolk in 1986.
-Bio from Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Coventry England

I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley