Fine Art/Picasso

Question
Picasso
Picasso  
I bought this Picasso from a thrift store. I'm not sure what kind of artwork is it since its in a frame. It looks like a print but I'm not really sure since the image is not like any other Picasso prints I see online. Thank you.

Answer
Hello Franz,

In my opinion, this work is a reproductive print.  I know that this particular work is widely reproduced and that there are many fakes and forgeries floating around in the market. It is very likely that this work is a copy made after the original Picasso painting, as I have yet to come across an authentic print of this work.  It is likely a decorative piece with no real collectible value. Perhaps I can recommend checking ebay for comparable examples, as there are usually a few of these works listed on ebay.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans