Fine Art/picasso drawling

i have a couple questions about a drawling i found in my grandfathers safe after he passed.. its a drawling of a bearded man holding a woman and signed picasso and on the card board backing it has a label-- Modern Classic series #9 jupiter & Semele henri Matisse france 1869 -1954 would you know anything about this? my grandfather traveled the world and no one has seen or heard about much i have found in the safe.... thanks

So far all I have seen from Modern Classics are low end works for decorative purposes. Picasso etchings and engravings that are authenric and hand signed by the artist have to pass inspection with a known expert, the people I trust in this area are outside the USA so it can be quite an undertaking just to authenticate, and there are expenses involed. I do have one contact in Los Angeles, but I would not take him a piece if it is from a production house /volume publisher. When we see correct works from the high end market, they tend to have a n edition number in the lower left corner of the print, something along the lines of 5/50 or similar, the editions I have sold were all small edition numbers. Hope this info helps, if you feel you have something more than decorative art, email images of the edition number and signature to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.