Fine Art/1800s portrait

Question
mrs jordan
mrs jordan  

paper ON BACK
paper ON BACK  
i just bought a painting of Mrs Dorothea Jordan. It has no signature on front or back...any idea who painted it? It has a paper on the back with a registration number of 10798. Its very old..enclosed are photos.
How can I find more info via registration number?

Answer
Dear Doug,

The registration number with the work is most likely from a dealer that sold it at one point, as the number did not appear as a hit on any art registry lists and with the age of the work and label, it might have been too early for that. It looks like the work came from  a ?renee-Sohoo from what I could make out on the back and I tried searching for a gallery or even person with that name but nothing came up. I can suggest taking the work to a local auction house or even museum where they have experts with more experience who will have a wider array of resources at their disposal for you. Best of luck.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans