Fine Art/!967 painting by Artist named "Weeks"? Please identifY

Weeks - Completed Landscape - Watercolor
Weeks - Completed Land  

Artist "Weeks" Incomplete Watercolor "Weeks" -
Artist "Weeks" Incompl  
I bought a watercolor (dated 1967 by the buyer of the piece) at a thrift store in CA. As it turns out, there was another one hidden on the back.  The hidden one is unfinished and appears to done in BOTH watercolor and acrylic?  An art collector was very interested in the the unfinished one. Trouble is, the only "Weeks" I can find is James Weeks whose style does not match this one.  Then there is a Robert Weeks -- a well known artist from New Zealand who died in 1965.  One of his paintings does resemble the first one quite a bit.  

Can you help me identify the artist, "Weeks?  

It may end up being a "nobody" artist, which is OK because I like both works, though the second one is more appealing to be sure.  I'm not sure of the styles of either, because I'm a writer, not an artist (though my great-grandmother,  Nellie Sterns Goodloe, was a California artist

Thanks so much!

Dear Piper,
I checked my online auction and artist listing resources and there are approximately a dozen artists with the last name of Weeks. I agree the work of John Weeks is very similar. I found that he signed most work as John Weeks or J. Weeks. The other discrepancy is that John Weeks died in 1965; two years prior to the date you mentioned. Perhaps the date of the work is incorrect? I am sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.