Fine Art/Artist ID

C kester
C kester  

C kester
C kester  
Hello Dolly,I hope you can help.
I acquired this painting though my family in California. My uncle purchased the painting(he was very in to antiques). I have searched far and wide for c kester but I don't know that his first name is? Or the era that it was painted? Thank you very much in advance!

Nick Hinzo

If you have any questions or concerns you may email me.

Dear Nick,
I researched using the information you gave, and there are no auction records by an artist with the last name Kester and first initial C. I also checked my volumes of California artists and could not identify your artist. It is difficult to tell when a painting was done, especially without viewing it in person. Sometimes I can get clues from the canvas and how it is attached to the stretcher boards, but even then it is an educated guess. It appears to be a nice representation of a tribal leader. Keep using key words in your searches and see if you can find another painting by the artist. This sometimes works when you do not have a full name or more information. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.