Fine Art/Chagall

Question
MC1
MC1  

MC2
MC2  
I am trying to find out any information on a Marc Chagall piece that has been in my family for 30+ years. I have been told it is a water color and it is signed and numbered but that is all I know. It was purchased in a gallery possibly in Chicago or Philadelphia but I do not have any documentation.

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Dear Andrew,

I unfortunately could not find the work cataloged, and with Chagall's watercolor works they are not editioned, so you have a print of some sort. I could not quite make out the edition size but in regards to your work I would contact the Comité Chagall whose information I have included below. They are the Chagall experts and would at least be able to provide you with the title of the work. Although they do have a reputation for being quite slow, it might be worth looking into.  

Comité Chagall
35, quai de l’Horloge
75001 Paris
FRANCE
Tel +33 (0) 1 40 51 74 70
Fax +33 (0) 1 40 51 74 71

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans