Fine Art/What is the level of interest in artwork by Emma Bell Miles?

Question
Hi, I recently discovered an original painting by Emma Bell Miles (sorry, no photo). Online, I was able to find only a few bits of information about the artist, mostly about her life as a poet and writer, but not so much about her artwork.

I am considering donating the painting to a gallery/university, as there seems to be some interest in her in the Chattanooga community, but I would also like to know whether there is a 'market' for her work.  Any insight into her artwork would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Max,
I checked my online auction listings and her work has not appeared (or been reported)at a major auction house. Most of her artwork was illustrative so I would be guessing to say she may not have created a lot of paintings. It is also likely that her paintings are in private collections where people are not wanting to sell. I am a volunteer at the new Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and they may be interested in a piece of her work. As far as selling on the secondary market, I would contact the larger American auction houses for interest. They would give you an estimate of auction value. You can submit photos through their websites. I will list some links for you below.
Kind regards,
Dolly

www.crystalbridges.org
www.sothebys.com
www.christies.com
www.ha.com

Dolly D Headley