Fine Art/What is the level of interest in artwork by Emma Bell Miles?

Hi, I recently discovered an original painting by Emma Bell Miles (sorry, no photo). Online, I was able to find only a few bits of information about the artist, mostly about her life as a poet and writer, but not so much about her artwork.

I am considering donating the painting to a gallery/university, as there seems to be some interest in her in the Chattanooga community, but I would also like to know whether there is a 'market' for her work.  Any insight into her artwork would be appreciated.

Dear Max,
I checked my online auction listings and her work has not appeared (or been reported)at a major auction house. Most of her artwork was illustrative so I would be guessing to say she may not have created a lot of paintings. It is also likely that her paintings are in private collections where people are not wanting to sell. I am a volunteer at the new Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and they may be interested in a piece of her work. As far as selling on the secondary market, I would contact the larger American auction houses for interest. They would give you an estimate of auction value. You can submit photos through their websites. I will list some links for you below.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.