Fine Art/Merril Chase Galleries Oils on Canvas

Question
Weber.1
Weber.1  

Sz.1
Sz.1  
Hi Dolly,

I have 2 Merrill Chase paintings that I would like more information about.  One is signed We'ber F., the other is by an artist Sz. H(with a line over the "H") iuu then maybe ll?  I can't make out the rest. They both are florals - the Weber is in a gold vase, the Sz. is in a blue/green vase.   Any information about these are appreciated.  

Thank you,

Sharon

Answer
Dear Sharon,
Unfortunately there are dozens of listed artists with the last name of Weber and I could not locate one that adds an F. I tried several variations of the other name, such as Hill, but again I was not able to identify the artist. It is a very common name. There is an art company in Chicago that has all of the artist records for Merrill Chase Galleries that will give information for $200. I cannot tell you for certain, but sometimes the cost of the evaluation with this group is more than the value of the painting.
If you want to send higher resolution photos of the entire painting, (front and back) as well as the signatures and any other writing I will take another look. Email dolly12@aol.com with Sharon Merrill Chase paintings.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley