Fine Art/My painting

Front View
Front View  

Back View
Back View  
I have a painting which appears to be farm land.... It's an academy board with a stamp on back (F. W. Devoe & co) with a trade mark stating 1852... Now I did research on them   they went out of business or stopped making this type of canvas around 1920.   Now my question is how do I find who painted it and its value?

Dear Jason,
The painting is very dark. I can try to identify the artist if there is a signature. If so, email high quality jpeg photos of the entire painting and close ups of the signature to Please put Jason allexperts painting in the subject field.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.