Fine Art/Please ID Artitst Of Painting.

Question
signature
signature  

front
front  
Hi Dolly,

Painting possibly 1940-1980. not sure. Could be Italian or French.

Other than the A I can't id any other letter in name. I knew name of artist but forgot. If you could ID the artist that would really help me out.

Artist might have painted in Milan and Paris.

I am very appreciative of any help- I have been looking for over a year and put alot of time into it. ANY information would be helpful.

The painting was double signed, in the front and back, that's not common so that might help with identifying the artist. Under the back signature I believe it says "Milan".

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, AND FOR BEING KIND ENOUGH TO TRY AND HELP!

Darrin

Answer
Dear Darrin,
It is a wonderful painting. I do not immediately recognize the signature and have yet been able to find the artist using several variations of spelling. I will continue to research and let you know if I come up with more information. Is there any other writing on the painting? If you can email these images and a nice close up of the signature in the painting it may be helpful in my research. Email to dolly12@aol.com. Please put Darrin river landscape in the subject line.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley