Fine Art/re: jeanne hunter hughes

I recently came across two beautiful abstract paper and metal 3d type paintings signed hughes on back is the vanguard studio stamp and number they are large 30x36 in golden frames. I cannot find anything on the artist and the only info on the studio is about lee reynolds burr.  could you help me identify and price? Thank You for your time.

Dear Deborah,

Vanguard Studios was founded by an artist named Lee Reynolds Burr and represents a business venture that was formed in the sixties to create affordable oil paintings for the masses.

Vanguard apprentice artists were often trained at America's finest art schools and most work was signed as Lee Reynolds. Some artists signed with their own name or pseudonyms. In the dozens of Vanguard pieces of art that I have researched, I have yet to track a piece back to the original artist. I did a search on the name you gave, but there is not a listed artist that I can identify as the maker of your art. Vanguard art resale on the secondary market is primarily based on its appeal to collectors. If someone identifies with a particular piece they may pay more than any estimate given.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.