Fine Art/Salvador Dali Art ID

Dali 1
Dali 1  

Dali 2
Dali 2  
Hi, I was hoping you would be able to help me with a Salvador Dali art piece that I inherited.  

There was an original Certificate of Authenticity with the piece but unfortunately was lost through the years and the original purchaser is now deceased. I am trying to find out any information about the item such as the name of piece and type of artwork i.e. etching, lithograph, etc. and maybe what type of paper or material it is on. The material looks like a linen or fabric of some sort almost like the scented things you put in the clothes dryer. The piece is singed pencil and numbered in pencil also.  If anyone could help me out with any of this information I would appreciate it very much.  Thank You

Dimensions of the piece:

Frame 29"x24"
Visible part of piece in frame 14"x19"
Indented (pressed) part of piece 11.5" x 15.5"

That looks like one of the versions of Don Quixotte (there are various spellings), the image is grainy and I need to research it. Can you email me clear images? Send to:

There are unauthorized Dali works and there are low end copies of correct works, it's a process to determine what category each work falls in to.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.