Fine Art/WWII painting from the Netherlands

Dutch painting
Dutch painting  

I have a small painting in my possession which originates from WWII era.  Here is what I was told about it.  I was given this art in 1974 by my mother-in-law.  She told me when they lived in the Netherlands during the war, her parents hid people in their house.  Apparently, this one particular man ended took a fancy to the young daughter and gave her this painting he did while hiding.  I was wondering if this drawing should be in a museum or something.  I can't see if there is a signature but there appears to be one in the right hand corner but over the years some of the charcoal seems to have worn off.  If you can help trace or give some information it would be very helpful.  
I have attached the artwork.

Dear Gerri,

It is a lovely story and drawing. Art that has verifiable and interesting history can have higher value. It would be important to have your mother in law write down the story and the names of her parents, and hopefully the name of the people they hid during the war. I can try to read a signature if you can email a high resolution close up of the signature to Put allexperts Geri in the subject line. You should refrain from handling it, especially if the pastel (chalk) has not been "fixed" as the chalk will rub off and damage the art.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.