Fine Art/Dali?

I have what is supposed to be a color woodblock print from the Divine Comedy series along with a drawing on the print.  It is signed in the block and also two other times with pencil and pen on the print.  

It was authenticated by Bernard Ewell and also has a certificate of authenticity on hotel letterhead.  I have heard rumors that lots of these are fakes along with lots of stories about Ewell.  I inherited the piece, and I need to know what to do with it.  I do not want to try to sell it if it is fake, and I have serious doubts.

I was hoping you could point me in the right direct and/or give me any gut feeling you might have.  I have read lots of things you have said on here, and I tend to think this would fall into the "stay away" from it category in your opinion.  Unfortunately I already have it and need to know what to do with it.  Where I could get it authenticated or if you think it is fake based on what I have already said.  I know you cannot say for certain, but I would really like some help.

It is difficult to help with these because most of them have no hidden paper mill water marks anywhere on the paper, and why is a work of art signed three time? I understand the first signature is photographed along with the original image, then the artist hand signs the print, so you see two signatures, but then why a Third signature? I am still in the art industry, just not Dali specific any longer, but I can tell you we used to avoid these when I was selling Dali as a full time job. Have you tried the Dali Archives in NY? He might have better info for you.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.