Fine Art/Eric Metcalfe silkscreen

Hi Andrew,
Dmitry Livshits here, fellow expert from the coin collecting category on this site.
Was hoping you can help me out in any way with a print I purchased several years ago made by a Canadian artist named Eric Metcalfe (b. 1940).
It is from 1975, and is a large silkscreen titled "Beyond Words" which is an edition of 40.
I was able to find it in the university of Calgary archives:

Thus far I have not been able to get any sense of what it may be worth. I have seen other pieces by this artist priced anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, but he did a broad range of works and none that I have seen provide any sort of real comparison.

Perhaps you can offer an opinion or possibly steer me in the right direction?

Much obliged, and feel free to contact me if you ever have a numismatics related question.

Thank you kindly.

Eric Metcalfe is not an artist I am familiar with so this is unfortunately out of my knowledge range but I did some research and finding comps for his works are sparse. I was however able to locate the gallery that currently represents him as he is still alive and producing works, so you might be able to contact them and get a price on what his works are worth in the market. The gallery is called Winchester Galleries: and their email is

Hopefully they will be your best and direct source and hopefully that was helpful news.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University