Fine Art/Help identifying artist of a painting...

Wysocki Front
Wysocki Front  

Wysocki Back
Wysocki Back  
I recently purchased an original oil painting at a flea market.The painting is signed wysocki in the lower right hand corner.On the back of the painting it also reads 'WYSOCKI"  followed by what appears to be a combination of letters FJ 1305.After a google search i did come across an american artist named Charles Wysocki..however,I contacted one of his surviving relatives in an effort to help identify the painting and she had replied that she had never seen the painting before and that it was not done in her fathers style..So this has sent me back to the drawing board.Being an artist myself i can pretty much tell it is a legitmate oil painting,and that it is rather old. one other thing,on the back of the frame it reads "Famous French Galleries" 1925 Highway 35 Wall,N.J. I did a google search on the gallery as well as the address and i guess the gallery is no longer because there was no valid information on it.I am contacting you to see if i could get some help in identifying the artist of the painting.I appreciate any help.Attached is a photo of the front of the painting as well as the back.

Yes, this painting has nothing to do with a Charles Wysocki. There is an artist "M. Wysocki" a 20th Century California artist who did similar works. A painting of a Rabbi sold for $200 at a sale in California. This painting looks to have been done in the 60's or 70's.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University