Fine Art/iconography

Question
unknown
unknown  
Good evening, I would just like to know who are the characters in this picture (I thought of friar Laurence and Romeo and Juliet, but it doesn´t seem to fit) and if possible the author and provenance. Thank you very much, best regards, Teresa

Answer
Dear Teresa,

Although this work is outside of my knowledge I did an image search and this work was done by Juan Nepomuceno María Bernabé del Corazón de Jesús Cordero de Hoyos, a Mexican artist born in 1824. The site I found the work on is in Spanish and I could not find any other reference in English in regards to your piece, but here is the site where I found the work and information regarding the artist if you want to take the time to copy and paste it into a translator:   http://artevisualmexico.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

Hopefully that helps and best of luck.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans