Fine Art/Identification of art

Question
unknowen artist
unknowen artist  

unknowen artist
unknowen artist  
I recently inherited a picture which was found in my grannys attic but have no idea who the artist is, I cannot see a signature on the picture and I don't want to take it out the frame in case I damage it. could you possibly give me any idea who the artist is or how I could find out. many thanks Graeme McMurray, Scotland, U.K.

Answer
This work is commonly known as "The Night Watch" by Rembrandt van Rijn. The original was created in 1642 and is displayed in the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. What you have is a reproduction which I am not sure the value of but you can always contact a local auction house or antique shop if you are interested in a value.  

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans