Fine Art/Marc Chagall Lithograph

Rabbi with Torah
Rabbi with Torah  

Rabbi with Torah
Rabbi with Torah  
Hello Mr Evans:
I have a lithograph of "Rabbi with Torah" signed by Marc Chagall,on the bottom right It is about 16"x14" framed.
Any idea what it is worth?

Thank You

Bottom Margin of Work
Bottom Margin of Work  
The work you have was never editioned and is signed in the plate therefore it has no market value compared to a hand-signed Chagall. It was published by New York Graphics Society, Fine Art Publishers and printed in Holland in 1965. The value of the work is between $100- $200. There are people selling it online for much more but that's why it's still for sale because art buyers are knowledgeable and the last one that came up for auction in 2010 in a lot of around 20 other museum prints didn't even sell. Although this print was made during Chagall's lifetime, it was printed to accompany the original work's exhibition at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam which came from the collection of P.A. Regnault. I have included a photo I found online of the margin so you can see what it looks like beneath the frame. Hopefully that's helpful.  

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University