Fine Art/Picasso lithograph Venti Pochoir

Question
I purchased a lithograph from an art dealer in Kansas City named Mr. Spivey.  He has passed on and his ancient store and all art was auctioned.  I would sit with him and listen to his memoirs of running with Jackson Pollack and Thomas Hart Benton.  Mr. Spivey collected art for 70 years.  The lithograph in question is from the blue period, venti pochoir 1949.  It is something of a collage of a man bent over playing a guitar.  It is from the magazine Derrière Miroir.  I have no idea of its value. I paid $250.00 for it.

Answer
The magazine series Derrière le Miroir (Behind the mirror) was a French literary and art magazine founded in 1946 by Aimé Maeght and was published until 1982. I could not find comps for your particular work described as there was no photo attached but lithos pulled from the magazine sell anywhere from $30 to $250 at auction depending on the artist, condition, and framing. So it sounds like you paid a fair price for the work. Hopefully that is helpful.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans