Fine Art/Walter M. Dunk

man with a gun
man with a gun  

lady in red hat
lady in red hat  
I am wondering what the estimated worth of these watercolour paintings from the 1880's are. Dunk is not really well-known but was a pupil of Thomas Eakins.

John, I was not able to find out about his value. I did find some ancestry info on him. There might be more of an interest from his relatives rather than selling these on the open market. If you were to place these at an auction, with no comparable to justify a certain price, I would say they would be lotted and sell for $300-$400.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University