Fine Art/Behrens

Question
Newport Beach
Newport Beach  

Las Brisas, Laguna Beach
Las Brisas, Laguna Bea  
Hi Joseph, I know you are specific on the dates you specialize in...but I am wondering if you can help with info on 2 Behrens prints I have (since he started his work before 1950 and has just retired).
I have 2 prints which combined make-up "The California Suite."  One is entitled Newport Beach from 1989 and the other Las Brisas, Laguna Beach from 1994.  These places are in Orange County, CA.
They are numbered 126/300 - both have the same numbers and his name on the right side at the bottom.  They are currently framed and triple-matted.  I believe both to be giclees.  Do you have any thoughts on these prints from this well-known American painter?  What the value would be since he just retired from Parkinson's?  Are they more valuable because they are the only 2 prints from the set and there are only 300 total?  Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.  Blessings!

Answer
Diane, right now his prints are valued at about $300-$500 at auction depending on rarity and subject matter. I would place your suite at the $700 range for a fair market value. I would suggest holding on to them for a few more years. Just because it says there are 300 printed doesn't mean that there are Truly 300 printed. It could be less than that depending on the demand for those prints. He could have stopped at 150 because there was no demand.

Joseph B. Laskowski