Fine Art/Harrison Fisher

Harrison Fisher
Harrison Fisher  
I have an original 1909 Harrison Fisher pen and ink. Aprox size is 5x7, signature is complete under mat.  Do have any idea of approx value? Where could I have it appraised in the Chicago area. It is in good condition, just yellowed with age. I purchased it in Elizabeth, Ky 25 yrs ago.Thank you for your time .

Dear Karen,

Harrison Fisher pen and ink works sell from $50 to $200 at auction depending on the size and image. The larger works sell on the higher side so I would estimate yours in the middle given the detail of the image and condition. I do not personally know of an appraiser in the Chicago area unfortunately, so for finding an appraiser I would suggest going to the American Society of Appraisers ( ) and typing in your zip code and seeing who is located near you and then you can research that individual to see who you feel comfortable with. You will have to pay for an official appraisal so I suggest calling and asking how much they charge if money is an issue. Hopefully that is helpful.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University