Fine Art/pastel or crayon on paper

Question
Entire image
Entire image  

Signed
Signed  
Hello and thank you for taking the time to view this inquiry. I recently purchased this piece from a Whittier California estate sale i would be very grateful for any information that you could provide. I believe it to be pastel or crayon on paper.

Thanks again
Alan

Answer
Dear Alan,
It is an exceptional pastel drawing. I do not immediately recognize the signature. I will work on trying to read the letters, check my artist books and get back to you with information if possible. Overall, it is a talented and insightful impressionist drawing that reminds me of Degas, Renoir and some of the other modern masters.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley