Fine Art/Alexander Calder real treasure?

Calder flowers
Calder flowers  

Calder Signature
Calder Signature  
Hello, I recently picked up this beautiful piece at an estate sale. I have tried to do some research, & I was just looking to confirm any possible authentication that this is a real Alexander Calder. The colors are bright & vivid! Around the flowers, the black appears to have lightly soaked to the back.  it has what appears to be penciled 16/75 in lower left, & Calder in lower right. Any possibility that my treasure is real? It measures approximately 25 1/4" x 19 3/4" if this helps.  If so, what is the value? & any knowledge of who might want to purchase? Thank you for your time & wisdom. :0)

It looks to be handmade paper and certainly his signature. Nice piece.

I can't give you a comparable right now but I would suggest that if you can wait for the money take it to an auction such as Swann's in NYC. If you can't wait, I would be interested for a price.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University