Fine Art/Baxy (?)

Question
signature
signature  

mountains
mountains  
I have a painting (20X23) signed K. Baxy or K. Buxy. Either way I can't find anything about an author by this name with the exception of one who does rathre modernistic pieces. My oil is a mountain landscape. Can you help me with information on the artist? I have included a photo of the signature that appears on the lower left corner as well as a partial photo of the painting. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Cheri,
This is not a name I recognize, nor can I find it in any art database.  From the partial picture of the painting, I would deduce this may be a fairly common, fantasy-inspired, mountain scene. A depiction of Shangri-La? Very likely quickly produced in a mass manufacturing shop overseas, with airbrushes. Not "fine art" but rather "commercial art" produced to end up decorating a wall, not for the creative urge of the artist who painted it. Not to say you can't enjoy your painting.  Don't bet your retirement on it. Worth about what you paid.  

Stuart Cartwright