Fine Art/FISHERMAN PAINTING VILLAGE

Question
Painters Signature
Painters Signature  

FISHERMAN VILLAGE PAINTING
FISHERMAN VILLAGE PAIN  
My mother has a water color painting for which we can not determine who the artist is. It is a painting of a fisherman in what appears to be a small village She acquired it from the closing of an old Bank building in the Houston,Texas area several years ago.

I can not make out who the artist is but hoping you can help with any information on this painting that you may have. I don't even know where to begin.

Thank you very much for anything you can provide on this.

Answer
Tony,
Pretty picture, I can see why your mother acquired it at the bank closeout. However, I don't think it is of any significant fine art value, other than being a very pleasing picture at which to look. At one point the furnisher of the bank's interior found this (print? original watercolor?) and decided it would be an attactive wall hanging. I suspect it may be a print, and possibly the signature is of the original artist. I cannot recognize the signature. Certainly, if this were of any significant value, appraisers would have snapped it up at the bank closing.
Enjoy it!  

Stuart Cartwright