Fine Art/Joan Miro Offset Litho Roman Numerals HC VII/ XXV

Joan Miro
Joan Miro  

Joan Miro 2
Joan Miro 2  
Hi Dan.  I have an offset litho of Joan Miro, Carota signed and numbered in roman numerals HC VII/ XXV.  Does having the letters HC lower or increase the value of this piece?

Also, I was wondering if you could help me understand if offset lithos are valuable or not.   

I understand you don't give free appraisals but if possible, could you provide a ball park of what a piece like this could be worth?

The items measures framed approximately 27" x 35".

The letters HC signify a "Commerce" print or print used as payment in place of money. The issue here is the term "offset litho" which is the same process that was used to make posters or low end prints. Miro signed works with good value tend to be etchings, engravings or old style original lithographs and are hand worked. I'd have to examine what you have in great detail to know how it was created and by whom. The internet is filled with knock offs so you have to be very careful when buying works and I suggest avoiding internet purchase and visit a dealer with many years of history who has correct works, but of course now a days those dealers are few and far between.

You can email to discuss:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.