Fine Art/Rudolph Lesch Fine Art Inc #1105 4 pieces

Question
Watteau
Watteau  

Lancret
Lancret  
Yes, I have 4 pieces that were given to me when my Grandmother passed away. I know that Rudolph Lesch was a fine art deal, that is all I know. As I know nothing about what I have if anything.

I do have pictures I have taken so I will have those attached as well and thank you in advance for your help. I am located in Charlotte, NC

List of pieces:
1. Lancret, Camargo
2. Lancret, Dancing
3. Lancret, Pastorale
4. Watteau, Conversation

I have the other 2 in pictures as well if you need them as it is only letting me upload 2 at a time.

Thank you,

Crystal

Answer
Crystal,
Almost invariably, you have handsome copies of the masterpieces of two early eighteen century masters.  A simple internet search on their names will turn up much information about these masters.  As you know, Lesch and other NYC art merchants in the second half of the twentieth century became quite adept at replicating masterworks and selling them widely.  This is not to say they are worthless, because your pieces would be attractive decor for any wall.  Go to the mall and find a frame shop or art store and you'll see similar works with prices up to a few hundred dollars.  

A reputable gallery in Charlotte is McColl Fine Art.  Look them up, and don't be afraid to schedule a visit. They have ties to the best dealers in NYC and can show you terrific original art, both European and American, with no pressure to buy. You'll learn a lot.  Hope that helps, Crystal.

Stuart Cartwright