Fine Art/Help deciphering signature...

Question
Signature
Signature  

Painting
Painting  
Hi Andrew,

I have been digging up some art from the garage and came across this original painting in fairly good condition. Would you be able to cast your eye over the signature to let me know if you recognise it? It looks like "Lily" to me.

Thank you!

Answer
Dear Rob,

Unfortunately I am unable to make out the signature. It reads like Lily but it could be a name in a foreign language with some sort of umlaut over the letter after the L. I do not study this kind of art, so I am unfamiliar with the work or particular style, but I can suggest that you try taking it to a local auction house on a free evaluation day and see if they might be able to assist you as they have trained experts in a bevy of art categories. Best of luck. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans