Fine Art/Help deciphering signature...

Hi Andrew,

I have been digging up some art from the garage and came across this original painting in fairly good condition. Would you be able to cast your eye over the signature to let me know if you recognise it? It looks like "Lily" to me.

Thank you!

Dear Rob,

Unfortunately I am unable to make out the signature. It reads like Lily but it could be a name in a foreign language with some sort of umlaut over the letter after the L. I do not study this kind of art, so I am unfamiliar with the work or particular style, but I can suggest that you try taking it to a local auction house on a free evaluation day and see if they might be able to assist you as they have trained experts in a bevy of art categories. Best of luck. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University