Fine Art/Raoul Dufy Goauche or Watercolor

Question
Signature
Signature  

Deauville Le Paddock
Deauville Le Paddock  
I have a painting signed by Raoul Dufy 1929 of Deauville, Le Paddock, but it is different from the mass produced prints that were famous. It was given to my grandfather in the early 1950s and looks old with rippling at the bottom of the painting.  I cannot find another one exactly like it, but several prints very similar.  How do I find out if this is a real watercolor or gouache versus a print. It is not numbered, just the signature and year.  The paper is heavy and looks to be possibly rag paper.  Any information on how to tell if I have something real or who to contact would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
Dear Beth,

In doing research, one of the below Dufy experts should hopefully be able to authenticate the work. You will most likely need to send them photos and any information you have as to the history of the work like you did here. Best of luck. Andrew Evans.

Fanny Guillon-Laffaille| Galerie Fanny Guillon-Lafaille
18, rue de Miromesnil
75008 Paris
FRANCE
Tel +33 (0) 1 45 63 52 00
Fax +33 (0) 1 45 61 92 91
contact@guillonlaffaille.com
www.guillonlaffaille.com

Gérard Landrot
5, rue Jacques-Callot
75006 Paris
FRANCE
T: +33 (0)1 43 26 71 13
F: +33 (0)1 43 26 71 13
E: galerielandrot@aol.com

Anne Tourlonias (CEEA)
31, rue d’Alsace Lorraine
30240 Le Grau de Roi
FRANCE
T: +33 (0)1 45 23 26 18
F: +33 (0)1 48 00 94 65
E: tourlonias.anne@laposte.net  

Andrew Evans