Fine Art/Albrecht Durer

Albrecht Durer
Albrecht Durer  

Back of frame
Back of frame  
Hi Andrew. I have a Durer entitled "Spring Grass" that has the number 213 on the label on the back of the frame. I'm really curious if this is just a neat copy or whatnot. Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Dear Alisa,

The work is titled "Great Piece of Turf" by Albrecht Dürer and unfortunately the one you have is some sort of reproduction worth "decorative value" which is a nice art world way of saying what someone is willing to pay for it. The original is actually a watercolor painting that is currently in Vienna. In regards to artwork by Dürer, he is well known for his woodcuts and engravings, which often look like drawings, and if you are interested, you can see his wonderful range of woodcuts here that are worth money: . Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University