Fine Art/Joseph Hughes

Question
Joseph Hughes 1
Joseph Hughes 1  

Joseph Hughes 2
Joseph Hughes 2  
Good evening dolly. I picked this up and I believe it to be a Joseph Hughes original. The title of it is "small vertical passage" drawing XVI. Many of Hughes works are title a it Roman numerals. I could not find his signature online.  size of the piece is +/- 8x8. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. The photos attached are of the piece as well as a close up of the "JH 77" signature. The backing has the title of the piece and a full "Joseph Hughes 79" on it.
Tim

Answer
Dear Tim,
The best method of authentication of work is through the artist themselves. Lucky for you the artist is still painting. Send him an email with a photo of your painting and he will let you know if it is one of his. The last thing an artist wants is a piece a work attributed to them that is not their work. I hope this is helpful.
www.josephhughesstudio.com
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley