Fine Art/oil painting "Portrait of a Colourful Lady"

Question
Colorful Lady
Colorful Lady  

Colorful Lady
Colorful Lady  
Hi Andrew, I have a small oil painting on board Portrait Of a Colorful Lady..obviously painted by someone very talented but has no signature..it has age to it and looks what could be auction house numbers from the 60's on the back?...wondering what are your thoughts on this piece?...thanking you kindly Sharon

Answer
Dear Sharon,

In regards to your "Lady" the image did not bring anything back in my research of help and as it has no signature on it, the work will be nearly impossible to track down as many artists copied techniques and styles from one another. What I would suggest doing is going to a local auction house on a free evaluation day and seeing if they might be able to assist you as seeing the work in person may provide clues and they have trained experts in a bevy of art categories. If you knew what auction house the numbers on the back corresponded to, I would say contact them. However the numbers could also be in regards to the framing for the work, so taking it in to someone and having them look it over in person is the best option. Best of luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans