Fine Art/Painting artist question

I have a oil on canvas landscape painting that i found in a trash bin. It is signed on the lower right side with the name Snyder, I believe. The n is not really visible to me. the subject matter is two bushy type trees and a small shack/building in midground and trees and sky in background. It is very nicely done. I thought it may be a William Snyder painting but the signatures are not the same. Any ideas who it could be?

Dear Dion,

Unfortunately I do not know who your work could be by. The landscape you depicted is very vague and popular among artists and without a clear signature there is not much that can be done by anyone. What I can suggest is that you try taking it to a local auction house on a free evaluation day and see if they might be able to assist you as they have trained experts in a bevy of art categories who might be familiar with the work or style and point you in the correct direction. Best of luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University