Fine Art/painting Evan Mitchell

Question
Hi Andrew,

I've had this painting for about 7 years now and just love it. I wanted to research the artist, but wasn't sure of the first name. However, I came across this link with the same name on the canvas:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fine-Art-3122/2009/12/oil-painting-canvas-signed.htm

So I decided to contact you about it...can you help? I don't see an option to attached a picture of the signature and info on the back of the canvas.

Grateful for your help!
Paula

Answer
Dear Paula,

If it is the same artist Evan Mitchell, there are still no catalogs that exist for him. You can always purchase the Evan Blanche Mitchell book "Who Was Who in American Art" 3 volume set that he is featured in which unfortunately I do not own so I cannot elaborate on in regards to information besides the previously stated one of he was a sculptor born in 1872 in the USA.

In checking the auction records, there have still not been any sales by Evan Mitchell either, so there is no market for his works. What I can suggest if you want to know the value of the work or to verify that it is by him, it is to take it to a local auction house on free evaluation day as they have a bevy of art experts and often seeing the work in person helps to positively identify the artist and they will give you a value. Best of luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans