Fine Art/Degas

Female washing hairt
Female washing hairt  
I have several of these Degas and would like your opinion as to whether I should investigate further their authenticity. To me they appear to be originals. The paper appears to be of Degas period and the images do not appear to be a reproduction. The pictures I took were taken at 2M I can re-take them at a higher resolution if needed.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

P.S. I have additional images if you'd like.

Dear Harvey,

You should always investigate further if you believe what you have is authenticate as art does appear that was previously unknown. In regards to Degas there are multiple fakes that exist, but it never hurts to consult the experts. Please find their contact information below and either one should be able to help you verify. Andrew Evans

Sylvie Brame| Brame & Lorenceau

Théodore Reff

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University