Fine Art/Joseph Orr

Leland wrote at 2014-12-31 19:07:09
Thank you, Stuart. I picked it up for 7.99 at a Goodwill store here in Denver. I'm not sure I failed to ask my real question. Are auctions generally the best route? I've never been to fine art action. Do galleries buy this type of thing? As I mentioned, I'm in Denver.

Thanks again for taking a look, and for the quick response.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration