Fine Art/Joseph Orr

I picked up this Joseph Orr painting at a thrift store because I have a thing for original art, and it caught my eye. I did some research on Joseph Orr, and I can say that I am very happy that I bought it.

This is oil (?) on canvas, and measures 17 1/2 inches by 15 3/4 inches with an image size of 9 3/8 by 7 3/4 inches.

The work is signed in the lower right corner. I have attached an image.

Thank you!

Congratulations on your acquisition!  It certainly sounds as if you are happy with the picture.  Joseph Orr is a listed, living American artist, and it sounds as if you have researched him thoroughly.  I am not sure what your question is.  If you are interested in reselling it, I'd suggest you turn to Ivey-Selkirk Auctions in St. Louis as they have handled many Joseph Orr pieces offered to the public.  Yours is a smaller piece, and might bring anywhere from $150-$700 at auction, I'd estimate, based on recent sales.  Hope that information helps.  And I hope you enjoy your artwork in the meantime!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration