Fine Art/Owen Manzer print

Question
Hi Dolly,  in 2010 you identified a print of the USS Constitution as a print based on Owen Manzer's 1940 "Old Ironsides".  I have the same print and was wondering when they were printed.  My grandparents bought a home in a coastal town in 1945 and the print was hanging on the living room wall when they moved it.  It stayed on the wall until the house was sold in the late 1990's and then went to my aunt who stored it, not well unfortunately.  I now have it and it hangs on my dining room wall.

My print has no signature and no identifying marks either.  It feels rough like a watercolor and when I used a paper towel to dust it, color transferred.  Would you think this is common for a poorly taken care of print from the 1940 era.

Answer
Dear Lanae,
It is difficult for me to answer your question without seeing the print and more detail of the surface. Overall, I would not think any print would lose color by dusting; even with a damp towel. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you more information without examining the print. I suggest you take it to a local dealer (art or antique) and get an opinion from them.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley