Fine Art/Unknown Artist

Unknown Artist - Low tide
Unknown Artist - Low t  

Mr. Cartwright,

I recently submitted a Joseph Orr barn painting, and thank you for responding so quickly.

I bought this painting, on canvas, at the same store on the same day. This is not a large painting; I don't have the exact measurements. I really wonder if you recognize the signature. This is a scene better viewed from a difference.

Glad to be of some help. I cannot help too much with this next artwork.  But I do find a handful of painters with last name McIver who painted through the twentieth century in the Carolinas and Florida.  Looks very much like this is an Outer Banks style of picture, no?  

At any rate, it's an interesting piece.  Enjoy it!  Happy New Year!  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration